Being a teacher… Is it enough only to love children?  But you’re adult and you can’t know what is there in their world. You can’t make them confide you in this world, if only… if only you’ll become a child yourselves.
Many years ago I’ve read an article. It was about children and adults.  They gave advice how to make friends with a child. “Squat to be one height with the child, smile and be sure: this person let you in his/her small, private world…”
Growing up we forget how to be children, how to trust, to understand, simply afraid of one’s gaze.
You may say: “Child – it’s a child, and adults must be conscious, responsible. They have many rules”. But I believe the teacher must have the only rule: make children think you play their game.
Modern children are trendy, fashionable, digital and impatient, they want to know much and at once; they don’t give up and not always forgive your faults. We made them as they are. So, now it’s our turn to play children’s role.
But don’t think we must play by their rules. The teacher of the 21st century must not follow the children, but must be ahead of them.
I always try to be interesting for my pupils, read their books, magazines, listen to modern music, try to use gadgets in my work. I try to understand why they are as they are.

Am I a good teacher? Actually I don’t know. But I never surrender. I am as I am. I’m a teacher of foreign language and I’m proud of being among children, because they’re spinning round this planet. 

No comments :

Post a Comment